Tuesday, June 26, 2007

summer, bok choy, and books........

I've been spending an awful lot of time at the computer lately--what with building the website for blossombones, writing, and virtual book shopping. (I'm an amazon.com addict--I admit it. Perhaps the first step is admitting you have a problem. Today, my son came home from camp, took one look at the dining room table, and said "Another box from amazon??? What did you get this time?")

There has been precious little time to enjoy the summer weather. (Okay, I've also been hiding from the cicadas---Ick!)

Yesterday really felt like summer to me. We had to drive out to UIC for a doctor's appointment (no--that's not the summery part!), and afterwards Mike and Zach and I stopped at Mario's on Taylor street for italian ice. We haven't done that in the longest time! I must remember to get out more. I love those little unexpected good moments in the middle of a very long day. . .And before you ask, I had lemon ice, of course! (Is there any other worthwhile flavor? Mike would argue for watermelon, but I would have to disagree.)

Today, I am back indoors, cleaning out the refrigerator. I have decided there is nothing more disgusting than finding a bag of liquefied parsley in the vegetable drawer. I am also wondering: what exactly did I intend to do with the giant head of bok choy I found in there?

As I am mentally exhausted this week, and in dire need of brain candy, I'm currently reading Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich. Very funny.

No comments: