Monday, June 25, 2007

Reconnections, Peter Griffin, and blossombones news!

So this past weekend I ended up reconnecting with my best friend from high school. I hadn't seen him or really talked with him for at least a couple of years, and I thought that would be weird, but really sometimes weird is good. Mostly seeing him again was weird because of how not weird it was....which probably doesn't make sense to anyone outside of my own head, but that's okay. I usually only make sense to myself anyway. Well, my friend and I hung out at two of our former haunts - Caribou, a coffee place where he and I would hang out on pretty much a daily basis, and the very posh town White Castle, where he and I would drink milk shakes til 4 in the morning sometimes. I told my sisters before he came to pick me up last Friday that I seriously felt like I was going back in time: old friends, old hang-outs, writing crappy teenage poetry for most of the day, teenage-caliber acne (it's been a stressful week, and I look like me at 14 rather than 22)....Then, I proceeded to be very Peter Griffin (for those of you who watch Family Guy) and indicate this time-travel by spinning in circles in the middle of the living room.

Life is really funny sometimes. Mostly because I have no problem making an ass out of myself doing random Peter Griffin things.

In blossombones news, I am a busy bee designing some very kickass handouts and bookmarks to pass out at a reading that Susan and I will be attending this Saturday. Once I finish those, I'll scan the finished products in and post them up here for all to see on our blog! Be sure to spread the word about us!

No comments: