Thursday, August 30, 2007

The wonderful world of words...

I have a fascination with both language and cyberculture.

An addiction, if you want me to be perfectly honest.

Thus, I am always on the lookout for new and compelling things both online, and in the ever-evolving lexicon of the English language. And if these two interests happen to coincide--well, that's even better!

First, I give you the blossombones word of the week (thank you, Macmillan English Dictionary!):

"cyberslacking"

Are you a cyberslacker? Read this, and see for yourself!

I challenge you to work this new word into a conversation this week. (My own observations regarding the prevalence of this activity suggest it shouldn't be too difficult.)

And now, for the second order of business: a "must read" for bloggers. I recently stumbled upon the blog of writer Erin O'Brien, and think it's probably one of the funniest things I've ever read. And I can't stop reading it. Seriously, this woman is just brilliant. And hilarious. Oh, happy accident!

I do believe Ms. O'Brien's blog represents a great temptation to engage in a bit of cyberslacking...

Don't miss her "Housewife" post! (Warning: It's a bit risque! But damn funny.)

No comments: