Tuesday, August 7, 2007

pre-fall update

It's hard to believe, considering the terrible 90+ heat we've been having in Chicago, but fall is fast approaching. (A fact which hit me today, as I registered Z. for school this morning. Yikes.)

A quick reminder: while the deadline for the first issue is November 1st, we do have rolling submissions, so anything received after 11-1-07 will be considered for the Spring/Summer issue of blossombones.

I didn't do much reading this weekend (which is unusual for me, as I typically read one or two books between Friday and Sunday). I did, however, watch an excellent movie on Saturday: Stranger than Fiction.

I just loved it! *Almost* as good as Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind...but not quite...Nevertheless, one of the best movies I've seen in a while, and highly recommended.

I got a little weepy at the end, though. *sheepish*

I spent all day Sunday at the bracket races at Route 66 in Joliet, because Mike was racing, and wanted me to take pictures...man, was it hot and sticky!

I did read Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen earlier in the week. Overall, the book was okay--not bad, but not great, either. The flashback setting--a traveling circus during prohibition--was interesting, but the nursing home scenes just depressed me.

No comments: