Thursday, August 16, 2007

progress report & other random things

Hi all!

We're still here...honest!

We'll be reviewing submissions this week, and sending out notifications very soon! I've had a few really great pieces withdrawn because they've been snapped up by other publications...which is a bummer, but all part of the poetry business!

And to those of you who haven't submitted yet, I encourage you to do so! We look forward to reading your work.

I haven't added much to the blog these last few days...life has been very busy. Melissa and I attended the monthly poetry reading at Molly Malone's on Monday night, which was great fun! The featured reader was Chicago poet Kristy Odelius, who was just wonderful! She has a chapbook coming out this fall from dancing girl press, called Bee Spit--be sure to check it out!

On the home front, I have been updating my resume, writing cover letters, and filling out job applications...which I find very nerve-racking for some reason. I plan to spend the evening mellowing out with a movie and popcorn on the family room sofa...which should take the anxiety levels down a notch or two.

More updates coming soon!

No comments: