Saturday, September 27, 2008

From the "there's never enough time in the day" files...

These last few weeks have been very hectic. We're still reading and responding to fall submissions. If you sent us a manuscript, I thank you for your patience! We're getting there.

***

On a more personal note, I have been juggling several projects at once (who isn't??), including a web project that I need to have finished in less than a week, some writing I'm trying to get done--which ALWAYS gets shifted to last on the list, and (of course) still looking for a new job. I don't want to rant about the messed-up state of the U.S. Economy, because I'm sure everyone already knows the whole thing is pretty sucky in a variety of ways. I rarely go out, because I don't want to use up the fuel in my tank, which (one would think) should leave lots of time for literary pursuits. I wish.

It's been a stressful time. Perhaps I should learn to knit, like Melissa. Instead of gnomes, I would make a series of little smiling Buddhas, to improve the general feng shui around here.

Last Thursday, Melissa and I had the pleasure of visiting some writing classes at Lewis. Thank you to Simone for inviting us to speak to her creative writing students!

We also got a chance to pop in to visit Missy, who provides the gorgeous artwork for blossombones. The three of us are planning on putting together an art & poetry project for the Spring! I am thrilled by the idea. I LOVE mixed media & collaborate creativity :)

I think I hear the muse waking up from her nap!

***

I won't get into the whole political thing today, but I hope everyone is watching the debates. I stayed up to watch them last night, and thought Obama was pretty good--but somehow, I was expecting more. I wonder if the structure of televised debates only allows for sound bites. I'm always hoping to get more details, and never do...

Now, since I've done the good citizen thing, I'm going to curl up with a glass of wine and a copy of Blue Velvet this evening...because I can't watch CNN every night.

I've been feeling very emotional about this election. It's exhausting.

No comments: