Saturday, April 19, 2008

Hello all!

Not much is going on in Melissaland currently. Tis a boring start to spring, for the most part. I've spent the past week sort of redoing my room at home, which I suppose is the most interesting revelation. We ripped out the ancient carpet only to discover the nasty condition of the floor beneath, and we painted my room an odd yet shocking shade of YELLOW that makes it kind of difficult to fall asleep (yes, that's how jarring the yellow is!). We're still in the process of moving all of my stuff back in here, so maybe once all that is in place it'll seem more like my room.

In other recent news, I've recently gotten back on the horse and started writing on a regular basis again. It had been far too long. And really, for all you writers or writing enthusiasts out there, isn't it just depressing when you're in a funk and all you seem to be able to write is the literary equivalent of skim milk? Sure it might be easier to digest, but in the end it's all watery and really has no substance. Weird metaphor, perhaps, but it makes sense to me :)

Okay, in an effort to further pad my blog entry, I figured I'd make a shortlist of things I'm currently really into!:

1) Buffy the Vampire Slayer - I recently splurged and bought this AMAZING 40 disc collector's set and I seriously can't stop watching it! I'm knee-deep into the 3rd season and it's really bringing me back....I mean I was in junior high for the most part when I watched the show regularly with my mom. It was a favorite then and I can appreciate it even more now! I'm excited to get through to the later seasons, which I didn't really watch as consistently. I pretty much got lost once Buffy all of a sudden had this random sister. Hmmm.

2) Pandora Radio - This music website is a more recent discovery made by my sister Chimmy, and when she told me about it I had to check it out. The site is affiliated with the Music Genome Project, which is exactly what it sounds like! You can create your own personalized radio station by identifying a few of the artists you like, and through the Music Genome Project, Pandora plays music by artists you may or may not have heard of. It's a great way to discover new bands!

3) ADELE - Speaking of new music, I downloaded Adele's new album on a whim and HOLY CRAP was I impressed. I have a soft spot for British singers, and Adele's voice is just ridiculous.

4) The Pineapple Express restricted trailer - While I LOVED Forgetting Sarah Marshall, which I saw with a friend yesterday (so good!), I think the highlight of the afternoon was the long-awaited trailer for Pineapple Express. I hope the movie lives up to the hilarity of the trailer, which seriously made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe. Plus, though he looks like a crazy stoner bum in this movie, I'm a sucker for James Franco. Yum.

5) Petfinder.com - After our dog of almost 13 years passed away a couple of months ago, our house is lacking in that happy feeling that only a dog can produce. My sisters and I spend a lot of our freetime on Petfinder browsing through the available dogs in our area - not to replace Hershey, of course, since dogs as badass as her are a rare find, but just so we can get our cute puppy fix :)

In blossombones news, I'm currently going through our prose submissions, so anyone who's submitted a piece to us recently should be hearing back from me within the next week! We are taking subs for our next issue through May 1st, so send your stuff our way!

No comments: