Thursday, December 6, 2007

Happy December!

The weather has certainly been wintry here in the Chicago area. Check out these scenes from my front porch:






Supposedly, there is a bit more snow coming tonight. It's certainly good weather for staying in to read a book. (Or shop for x-mas online, if you are so inclined!)

I'm currently reading Interred With Their Bones by Jennifer Lee Carrell. It's a kind of Shakespearean mystery story...so far, it's pretty entertaining.

It's been slow going, however. (Not because of the prose, but rather, because the upcoming holiday is the source of so much extra stuff to do!) I'm generally a lightning-fast reader, but it takes me forever lately to finish anything. Perhaps my brain has aged while I wasn't looking...

I hope not.

I've also been working on the poetry pages for blossombones. So far, everything is looking good. I hope to post a complete list of the contributors for the upcoming issue soon, but I'm still waiting to hear back from one more writer. Hopefully, I'll have everything wrapped up in the next couple of weeks, so I can just double-check the site towards the end of December before uploading the issue in January.

Thanks so much to all our contributors, and to everyone who submitted their work!

No comments: